Chemistry Department - University of Leuven
Welcome to our website, the virtual meeting place for those interested in Chemistry and Biochemistry & Biotechnology at KU Leuven and its Campus Kortrijk.
(Bio)chemists are fascinated by atoms, ions and molecules, the bricks of matter in the living and non-living nature. Chemists study the composition, structure and properties of this matter and design new molecular materials for very specific applications.
- Biochemistry, Molecular and Structural Biology
- Quantum Chemistry and Physical Chemistry
- Molecular Design and Synthesis
- Molecular Imaging and Photonics
- Polymer chemistry and -materials
Centres of Exellence
The department participates in the following centres of exellence: